The rest of the afternoon we spent at the Olympic Green - the Water Cube more specifically. Here you can see the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube and the National Indoor Stadium in the distance, behind the fountains. It's a HUGE area that you could spend days in. We watched a few swimming events - one was the men's 400m medley, where a guy from China, with no arms, swam faster than most of the other guys and won the silver medal! It was incredible! We also saw the women's 200m freestyle and watched the US take gold and silver! It's pretty exciting being inside and seeing all the action. All the cheering gets you pretty pumped up.



This was taken inside the Water Cube - it's water running down the inside of the walls. Pretty cool stuff!
I liked this view of the Bird's Nest, just because it has pretty green stuff in front of it. :)
And, of course I couldn't forget to include a picture of the Olympic Ramp where I'm going to win the gold in the Wheelchair Speed Ramp!!!
2 comments:
Wow sis, I am so completly jeolous. I wish that I was with you. The pictures are amazing. I just can't believe the architecture there. I think that it is very gracious of you to sign autographs for the people that is probably a great US ambasador of you. I think that you are a star anyway and I never tire of telling people about you. You are my hero. Have fun stay safe and I can't wait to see the next pictures. Love ya
Great blog Patricia! I am loving your pics from China. How exciting! Enjoy the rest of your trip. See you soon!
Post a Comment